The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout…..<< (beautiful singing voice) that is how we began our day yesterday and we sang it all day!! What else do we have to do?? It’s cold and rainy and we have nothing better to do but sing about and make spiders today. So grab up your little one and let’s have some fun and make some wonderful memories.
Itsy Bitsy Spider Kids Craft
What You Will Need
8.5 x 11 piece of card stock (or construction paper)
another piece of paper to use for banner
washable black paint
bow or ribbon (or hat for a boy)
1) If you have never painted the palm of your child’s hand you are in for a wonderful (or horrible) reaction! It tickles, it’s sticky and it’s weird! Make sure you have a sink available or at the least a whole big stack of wet rags. Paint the palm of one of your child’s hands and press it carefully thumbs down on your 8.5 x 11 piece of thick paper.
2) Take the other hand and repeat pressing it down going in the opposite direction with the palms touching. Now set your craft aside and spend some time singing with your child while the paint dries. Another fun activity is crawling around on your hands and knees exploring the world from a spiders point of view.
3) Once your hand prints have dried it’s time to fancy it up a bit. Cut a square of any color to place as a banner on your project. You can make it a little fancier by snipping the corners off, It’s not quite Van Gogh quality but who cares we are here for fun not to be perfect!! Write your itsy bitsy saying on your banner and glue it in the top corner or where ever you can get it to fit.
4) Glue on some eyes and draw a line (web) from the top of the picture and connect it to the spider.
5) Add on some googly eyes and a bow (or hat). Don’t forget to add a date!!!
I hope you had a great time making your fabulous Itsy Bitsy Spider Kids Craft today!! Now go crawl around and play spider with your child! It’s loads of fun.