If you are looking for some unique and inexpensive Valentine’s Day décor, this Queen of Hearts Playing Card Banner is the perfect fit! It is not only fun for kids to create, but it makes some frugal home décor for adults as well. All you need to create this piece is a few supplies from your local dollar store and five minutes. Take a look at how you can craft your very own!
Queen of Hearts Playing Card Banner
Pack of playing cards
Craft glue or hot glue, glue gun
As mentioned, we were able to find these items at our local dollar store. We already had glue, so our final price for this project was just $2. That is a “sweet” price for this Valentine’s Day inspired craft!
1. Begin by opening your deck of cards and removing all of the heart cards. This will include your ace of hearts, 2 of hearts, 3 of hearts, and so on, all of the way up to the king of hearts.
2. Lay a length of red ribbon flat on a table or floor. This will make it easier for you to craft with if you have it in a flat, open space.
3. Start at the left end of the ribbon, attaching one card at a time. You can start with the ace of hearts if you wish and work your way up. Attach the cards by applying a strip of glue to the back top of each card and pressing it firmly to the ribbon until adhered.
4. Continue this process, spacing your cards about 2 inches apart.
5. Add any further embellishments you wish, such as additional ribbon in between each card for some extra flare. We left ours plain, but the choice of course is yours.
Display your banner from a mantel, doorway, even on an open wall. It is the perfect pop of color and hearts sure to light up your space for Valentine’s Day!