Fingerprint Flower Vase
This lovely little vase is perfect for spring, Mother’s Day, Grandparent’s Day or any occasion that involves the beauty of flowers. This painted jar doubles as a keepsake as it’s made with your child’s fingerprints! Be sure to visit our other great Mother’s Day fun including crafts to make, cards for mom and recipes to spoil her with on Mother’s Day!
What you’ll need
- Empty glass jar
- Enamel paint (purple, pink, yellow)
How to make it
- First, be sure to read the instructions on the back of the enamel paint bottle.
- Be sure glass jar is clean, dry, and all labels have been completely removed.
- Have children dip their fingertips into the paint and dot onto the glass to form the petals of the flowers.
- Repeat this process to dot on the flower centers–alternate the colors (purple flower, yellow center, pink flower, purple center, etc).
- Let paint dry and cure according to directions on enamel paint bottle. This may require baking in the oven, or a longer alternative is air drying for up to three weeks before using.