There is nothing better than waking up to the smell of homemade buttermilk waffles in the morning and this recipe makes it easy to do and will get you many hugs from your family guaranteed!! With a crispy crunch on the outside and an airy goodness on the inside will leave your family with that warm goodness that everyone needs before they start the day. Top with slivers of chocolate, powdered sugar and some fresh fruit and your breakfast meal well be good to go! Enjoy!
Homemade Buttermilk Waffles
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca or cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 8 oz Greek plain or flavored yogurt
- 1/2 c. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1) Preheat a waffle iron while mixing batter.
2) Combine all dry ingredients; flour, starch, baking powder, salt.
3) In another bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, yogurt, oil and extract.
4) Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing continually until batter has been formed.
5) Grease waffle iron and add about ½ cup of batter (depending on the size of your iron), close and cook for about 2 minutes.
**Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, shredded chocolate, fresh fruit and whipped cream or syrup.
How do you serve your buttermilk waffles?? I have been looking for some great ideas to bring a little variety to our breakfast meals so leave your toppings in the comments to share!