With several large companies offering hummus to shoppers at their local grocery store, this smooth paste has seen a large increase in popularity over the past half-decade. While its availability has increased drastically, the price often prevents families from buying it regularly.
- 1 can chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
- salt as needed
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the parsley. Pulse until the desired texture is reached, adding more olive oil if necessary.
- Serve with fresh parsley for garnish.