Yesterday I was browsing pinterest for a cool and easy idea for a Halloween dinner and stumbled upon Hot Dog Mummies over at getcreativejuices.com and decided to give them a try myself. They were pretty easy to make and both of my kids loved them! As a matter of fact it’s a good thing I made extras because some of Alicia’s friends showed up to give them a try before they headed out trick or treating!! So it’s time to grab up your little ones and have some fun making your own hot dog mummies at your house!!
Hot Dog Mummies
What you will need:
- hot dogs
- crescent rolls
- pizza cutter
- mustard or ketchup (or both!!)
1) The first thing we did was turn our oven on 350 degrees and we got our stoneware pan onto the stove ready to go. Then we took the hot dogs out of the package and dried them off with a paper towel and then we sat them to the side.
2) We grabbed our cutting board and unfolded the dough and placed it on the cutting board. Alicia then took a pizza cutter and cut strips into the dough to use to wrap around the hot dogs to make them look like mummies.
3) Wrapping the dough around the mummies was fun!! We left a little room at the top to use for a face and just began twisting the dough around the hot dog. There is no wrong way to wrap your hot dog mummies so just wrap away and have fun. We had some silly Halloween music playing in the background. It was a blast!!
4) Once they were all wrapped up and ready to go we placed our goodies in the oven (350 degrees) and cooked them for 20 minutes. Stoneware sometimes takes a little longer so you might want to start checking on them after about 12 minutes. They just need to be cooked to a light golden brown.
5) Add on ketchup or mustard for the eyes and watch your little ghouls go mad!! They were a big hit at my house!! Little Charlee Ann loved peeling off the wrapping and eating it.