If you love to make your furniture shine, but don’t want to inhale a ton of harsh chemicals in the process, this recipe for Lemon & Rosemary Furniture Polish if for you. Using the grime cutting power of lemon and the aromatic properties of Rosemary, this polish is the perfect solution to your cleaning needs. Chances are, you already have all of the ingredients you need to make this product in your own kitchen. Take a look below at how you can whip up a batch for yourself.
Lemon & Rosemary Furniture Polish
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 1 medium sized lemon
- 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary OR 2-3 sprigs of fresh
- Bottle with air tight lid
**If you are using a larger storage bottle, or want to make a larger batch, feel free to double this recipe.
1. Begin by pouring the cup of olive oil into your bottle. Any light olive oil is fine. You don’t need to use anything fancy.
2. Add the two teaspoons of water. You will notice that the two liquids will separate. The little bit of water will help keep the mixture moving and the ingredients from settling.
3. Cut your lemon into quarters. Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the mixture.
4. With the remaining peels, take them and slice them into thin strips. Stuff the strips into the bottle and down into the mixture.
5. Add the dried or sprigs of rosemary.
6. Return the lid and now shake the bottle well so all of the contents mix. Allow the bottle to sit for several hours to several days before use so the oils from the peels have the chance to activate! When you are ready to use this product, apply a small amount to a soft cloth. Test a small piece of your furniture first to make sure there are not any harmful reactions. Remember, you only want to use this mixture on hard and non-porous surfaces. Move your cloth in a circular motion, gently polishing the furniture as you do. The oils will moisturize the wood, the lemon will clean away dirt, and the rosemary will release a beautiful aroma. Wipe clean with a dry cloth when done. This will wipe away any residue as well as loose bits of herb.
If you are looking for a budget friendly and earth friendly alternative to harsh cleaning products, give this easy and inexpensive Lemon & Rosemary Furniture polish a try!